The new year is a time of rebirth, renewal and resolutions for many people. If you’re setting your New Year’s resolutions we urge you to make dental new year’s resolutions as well. Resolve to make 2017 the year you regain your dental health and your beautiful smile.
The dentists at Gendler Dental Center are accepting new patients and are experienced in providing an excellent dental experience and dental outcome, based on the patient’s unique dental needs.
New Year’s Resolutions usually involve:
- Losing weight
- Spending more time with friends and family
- Finding a new or better job
- Exercising more
- Getting a healthy smile (that might not be everyone’s resolution, but if it’s on yours, call our Hopkins, Minnesota dental office today and schedule your appointment)
How to make dental new year’s resolutions:
- Eat well for better dental health. Poor nutrition impacts your teeth and your immune system. It makes you susceptible to oral health issues including cavities and periodontal disease.
- Tobacco use can lead to oral cancer, discolors your teeth, increases risk of gum disease. Resolve to stop smoking and using tobacco products.
- Excessive alcohol use can lead to oral health issues. The Academy of General Dentistry found that people who smoke, usually eat poorly and have increased risk of gum disease.
- Brushing and flossing are the best things you can do for your teeth between dental check-ups. Brushing and flossing protects teeth from decay. Brushing and flossing removes plaque, a sticky, colorless, invisible film of bacteria that builds up on your teeth. Brushing and flossing can remove most of the plaque before it hardens into tartar. Tartar needs to be removed by a dental hygienist during your dental cleaning.
- If you have neglected your teeth, make 2017 the year you resolve to take better care of your mouth and teeth. Schedule an appointment with your dentist at least twice a year to prevent dental health problems. Regular dental visits lets your dentist monitor your oral health and formulate a dental treatment plan to address areas of concern.
When you’re making your New Year’s Resolutions, add to your list, “Call Gendler Dental Center and schedule a dental examination.”